Child Care Network

Multi-Child Discount, Sliding Scale, or Scholarships
Ask child care providers if they provide any discounts for multiple children, sliding scale, or scholarships.Very young girl holding candy cane

Employer/College Support
Does your employer (or college, if you are a student) provide child care scholarships, discounts to certain programs, or on-site child care at reduced rates?

Military Families
NACCRRA (National Association of Child Care Resource & Referral Agencies) has partnered with the Department of Defense to help those who serve in the military.  Families with members who are deployed may be eligible for assistance with child care costs.  Contact Child Care Network (CCN) at 508-775-6240 or toll-free 1-800-974-8860.  In addition, you may view NACCRRA’s website at for more information.

Head Start
This is a free, federally funded program for preschool children ages 3 years to 5 years. Eligibility is based on a family’s income and/or a child’s special needs.   Contact Cape Cod Child Development for further information at 508-775-6240 or toll-free 1-800-974-8860.

Centralized Waiting List
Families whose gross family income is less than or equal to 50% of the state median income and need assistance with child care costs may contact Child Care Network  (CCN) to have their names placed on a centralized waiting list for tuition assistance.  Call CCN at 508-778-9470 or toll-free 1-888-530-2430 and ask to speak with a parent counselor.


Federal Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC)
You may be able to lower your taxes and even get up to several thousands dollars back if you qualify for the EITC. To qualify you must be working full-time or part-time and make less than a certain amount based upon family size. You do not have to owe any taxes to get the EITC.

Federal Child Tax Credit
If you have a dependent child under the age 17, you may be eligible to get the Child Tax Credit, which can be worth hundreds of dollars per child. The income limit for the CTC is much higher than for the Earned Income Tax Credit, but you still do not have to owe taxes to get the Child Tax Credit.

Federal Child and Dependent Care Tax Credit
If you have a child under 13, and owe federal income taxes, this tax credit can help cover a portion or all of the taxes you owe if you qualify.

For more information on these tax credits contact the IRS toll-free at 1-800-TAX-1040.



Child Care Network is a program of Community Action Committee of Cape Cod & Islands
, Inc.

Catch Up on Facebook Catch Up on Facebook Link to Family Newsletters Click to contact us Catch Up on Facebook Link to Family Newsletters Click to contact us